Paddington Bear Orange Marmalade Chicken

My kids love the movie Paddington bear.  I've never heard them giggle so much at one movie.


Paddington's favorite food, of course, is Orange Marmalade.  You can imagine the children's delight when tonight's menu was Orange Marmalade Chicken!



This meal was categorized as "superfast" which is what I'm in desperate need of currently. Due to deciding to take on full time work, I'm literally losing sleep at night trying to determine how 40 hours a week of employment is going to work with the family.  Most importantly, I'm sweating bullets about how I'm going to have fresh, easy dinners that are healthy for this little brood of mine.




So, I'm going where I have never gone before.  Drum roll please.... I'm jumping into the world of meal planning for the week.  Yes, the WHOLE WEEK planned.  I've been wanting to do this the entire time I've been a Mum (count all fingers (and thumbs) except 1), but have never brought myself to be that organized.  Now I feel like I have no option but be organized if I want the kids to eat well.


Important to me is being able to food prep the food the night before (or Sunday night if I'm really organized.)  This recipe fits that bill.  I can make the marinade a few days before, and then just cook the chicken when I come home.

Hopefully you will be able to do the same!

Grilled Citrus Chicken with Orange and Pistachio Couscous
from The Australian Women's weekly 1000 Best-Ever Recipes from AWW


Ingredients
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano (or 1/2 that if using dried like I did)
1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice 
1/2 cup (170g) orange marmalade
2 fresh small red that chillies, chopped finely
4 chicken breast fillets (800 g)
2 cups (400g) couscous
2 medium oranges (480g), cut into small pieces
2 green onions, slicked thinly
1/3 cup (45 g) roasted unsalted pistachios, chopped coarsely

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 F).  Oil oven tray, line with baking paper.
  2. Combine garlic, oregano, juice, marmalade and chili in medium bowl with chicken
  3. Drain chicken; reserve marmalade mixture.  Cook chicken on heated oiled grill plat until browed both side. 
  4. Place chicken on tray, drizzle with reserved marmalade mixture.
  5. Bake in oven, about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
  6. Meanwhile, bring stock to the boil in medium saucepan.  Combine couscous with the stock and cover.  Stand about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, then fluff.  
  7. Place cut oranges over couscous, stir in onion and nuts
  8. Enjoy!




Comments