Dairy-free berry pancakes

I was dubious, but we needed some pancakes without diary for my little dude, and here is what we created.  I also wanted to avoid any milk substitutes (like almond or coconut milk), and was happy to use margarine (but I used Smart Balance, and it worked fine!)  So, this was the recipe for our little family.


If you were really having a good morning in the kitchen, you could whip up some honey butter to go with these bad boys, for even more of a delight!

These were super easy to make, and were gobbled down with yelps for more!


And then my little dude took this picture!


And asked me to pour some syrup for this picture.


Dairy Free Berry Pancakes
from Food.com at this link

Ingredients

1  cup white flour
3 tablespoons raw sugar
2 1/4 teaspoons baking power
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons margarine (or other butter substitute)
3/4 cup water
1 egg or 2 tablespoons of water
Berries/nuts/fruit of your choice

Directions
1) Mix all the dry ingredients together
2) melt the margarine in the frying pan you are going to cook the pancakes in, then mix the melted margarine with water and egg
3) Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend.  I threw in frozen berries at this point
4) cook pancakes like you normally do... until they bubble on one side and then toss them over for a little while
5) Enjoy

Comments